Name: Pokemon Good Ruby
Remade by: DoesntKnowHowToPlay
Based on: Pokemon Ruby
Source link – credit: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=477973
Hello, Welcome back to Ducumon Website and I’m Pokemoner. Today, we will play Pokemon Good Ruby by DoesntKnowHowToPlay! It’s a QoL GBA Hack ROM and based on Pokemon Ruby.
You can have 386+ Pokemon with Gen 7 Mechanics, PSS Split, new moves, new areas, and more… It’s Beta 1.3 and playable in English. And now, Let’s play!
This is, on paper, a fairly standard 386+ hack of Ruby. Mechanics are updated to gen 7 standards where possible, including physical+special split and new moves. It also features all evolutionary relatives of the first 386 mons, a dab of rebalancing, some added challenge, and a bunch of small changes to spice things up.
Some noteworthy little touches:
* Individual Pokemon have palette variations, similar to the Stadium games, dependent on their personality value.
* Team Aqua and Team Magma swap places for the Mt. Chimney section of the game, so you don’t have to fight two Fire specialists in a row.
* Surf encounters have been removed. There is still too much water, but now you can cross it in relative peace.
* Regi doors are open at the start of the game, so you can use them before the very end of the game.
* Some new areas have been added and old ones extended for the Kanto and Johto legendaries. A couple more have been added for convenience or other reasons.
* Refreshment-based healing items are easier to obtain in bulk, but cannot be used in battle to compensate.
* The TM list has been expanded to 92 TMs and 7 HMs. Dive’s field function has been delegated to an item.
* A new tutor in Fallarbor can teach your mon Egg Moves if you have another Pokemon that knows the move you want to teach.
* A new NPC in Lavaridge can train your Pokemon to work past their natures.
This hack is somewhat difficult by design. Enemy trainers do not use items from the bag in battle, but they compensate with meaner teams. Pokemon balance is a finnicky thing; while I do play with Set Mode and without using items myself, I also know my enemies in and out, and am okay with taking losses in battle. If you intend to nuzlocke this, be warned that I have a track record of making hacks harder than I set out to.
Fabricated Anticipated Questions
Q: Why is this on Ruby and not Emerald?
A: When I started, a few years ago, Pokeruby was further along than Pokeemerald. The reverse is true now, but I don’t care to port. I’m not terribly fond of some of Emerald’s additions.
Q: Can I use this as a base for my project?
A: Please do not. You are free to borrow concepts, or even sections of script/code (if you can wrap your head around my organization), but please use Pokeemerald if you want to start a hack similar to this one, there are proper resources available. This hack is also many commits behind current Pokeruby, so you won’t be able to use convenient tools like Porymap (I made a minimalist personal alternative).
Q: Where do I get Strength?
A: When you need it for main story progression, it will be readily available.
It’s in Magma Hideout, in Maxie’s room.
Q: How do I get through the bottom part of Granite Cave?
A: The mach bike is required, but you do not need to use it to cross the final, most precarious section. You can save yourself figuring out the braille puzzle if you can pull it off, though.
The answer to the braille puzzle:
Go to the braille wall on the upper floor. Move right as far as possible, step up twice, then use Cut from the menu.
Q: What’s with the Regis?
A: Their chambers are open immediately, but the braille puzzles have changed. A new event is at the Sealed Chamber itself.
To preserve the sense of mystery, I am not giving specifics on this.
Q: Why don’t you add dexnav/Z moves/mega pokemon/dynamaxing?
A: I don’t want to. Dexnav might be a thing if I feel like it….the other three have serious balance and flavor implications though and I’m not particularly fond of any of them.
Contests aren’t finished. You can run them, but they’ll be boring vanilla opponents, and the Berry Blender is only partly overhauled.
Post-game is under construction. Kyogre, Deoxys and one of Latias or Latios are unobtainable.
World map still needs to be updated; this will happen when I’m done adding new lairs for the legendaries.
Attacks don’t automatically re-target in Doubles. It’s possible other weirdness happens there as well; the hack’s focus is on Singles.
Remember Ducumon Website just uploaded and stored this game. You can download it on the Source link! We don’t force you to download from Ducumon Website!
This game is a GBA Hack ROM. It’s Beta in English.
Pokemon Good Ruby level curve
Pokemon Good Ruby changelog
Pokemon Good Ruby 1.3 Beta (Beta)
—-CIA Version for Nintendo 3DS Below—-
Pokemon Good Ruby 1.3 Beta CIA (Beta)