Name: PS: The First Journey
Created by: AenaonDusky
Source link: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=448502
Hello, Welcome back to Ducumon.com, and I’m Pokemoner. We will play PS: The First Journey by AenaonDusky!
It’s RPGXP, Fan-made Game and you can play it on PC or through Joiplay!
You play as Oak. The Story is starting when Oak is 20 years old in Kanto like never before. It’s completed in English! And now, Let’s play Professor Oak Adventure!
Experience Kanto like never before! Witness Professor Oak’s personal journey!
Go back where it all began!
It is the year 1947. Samuel Oak, a 20-year-old prodigy, has just returned back to his home country after spending three years in the world’s best university. With him, he brings science, technology, and the true spirit of trainerhood. On a mission to establish the first-ever League in the East, Oak will have to adjust to local battling traditions, overcome bureaucratic hurdles, and introduce local uneducated Tamers to the proper way of doing things.
FIND OUT HOW IT ALL PLAYED OUTBACK IN THE 40ies! Gen 2? Gen 1 ? Nah, this is “Gen 0” folks!
1947 Kanto is a place under heavy development. The concept of a “trainer” is relatively new – with most people who are on the creature business calling each other “Tamers”. They battle for money, they have the right to take another Tamer’s Pokemon upon winning, and they generally cause a great deal of pain to the locals.
Once Kantonians learned how to craft capsules (Pokeballs) out of Apricorns, a “creature craze” swept through the country. The rush of making easy money, putting responsibilities aside, and experiencing unprecedented freedom and strength captivated the youth. The frequent complaints from seniors went unheard, students started dropping out of school, and gangs quickly formed.
In this chaotic environment, you are tasked with bringing to Kanto (and the entirety of the “Pokemon” nation)… not a ruleset, not a new way of battling, but an entire infrastructure that will eventually end up being responsible for the shaping of modern trainer conventions as we know them. Will you be able to bring law and order to the land, or will the wild environment of Kanto get you?
– Inspired by the beta versions of Red and Green, (Trainers using whips, economy based around Pokemon, early lore or concepts that got scrapped, pokemon being closer to natural organisms than wee-wee-mythological multibeings from multiverses)
– Remastered Kanto that is visually closer to how it looked back in gen 1 (hey, no nostalgia pandering here, don’t go down the genwunner route, kthxbye). For instance, Route 1 has fields on either side, not trees as in Gen 3. Kanto is much more rural, as represented in older artwork.
– Manmade items are practically non-existent, you need to make Pokeballs from Apricorns (unreal time system means you can get a ball converted relatively fast), find berries or roots, and generally be economically-minded. You can buy Pokemon but you can’t sell them.
– Establish the first Gyms and the first League, by taking down Tamer groups whose activities can sometimes be… reprehensible
– The only evolution method known is “level up” evolution. At least to those who DO know that Pokemon can even evolve in the first place…
– Many Pokemon that are known to be rare today, are ubiquitous in this era. Well, not THAT ubiquitous, but much easier to find.
– Access your “Storage Boxes” from the menu. Well, computers don’t exist yet, at least in Kanto, and there is no restriction forcing teleportation upon your …balls… if you have more than six of them. So you can simply stuff those extra mons inside your bag.
– Organize your resources carefully. Berries aside, they are limited, and losing a battle means losing a lot of money. Healing services are both rare and expensive.
– A modified HGSS soundtrack that aims to replicate the OG feeling of Kanto music in an authentic way. What would the soundtrack have sounded like back then, if it wasn’t restricted by GB’s audio hardware? NOTE: The mobile-friendly version won’t support BGM looping. This due to Fmod incompatibility.
– Discover the background of various characters, from Koga to Bertha, and witness the transformation of a ragtag, loose group of Tamers into Gym Leaders.
– A heartwarming story that explains Oak’s background and his role in every future trainer’s journey
– Lore explosion for those who have played Postscriptum: Fated Epistle. You will get a lot of answers to many questions – some of which you never thought you’d have. The game is standalone but will be enjoyed to the max if you have already played PSFE. Please note that this game follows classic Pokemon conventions and does not adhere to the design choices adopted by PSFE.
– An attempt to tie the entirety of the “better” parts of Pokemon lore together (as is with the PS series) and explain why certain events happened the way they did.
The four childhood friends:
A 20-year-old prodigy whose intellectual prowess earned him the title of the youngest professor on earth. Returning from Unova, and now on a mission, he ventures out to open a laboratory and earn an official position in the University of Celadon. A bit grumpy and certainly not very warm. His childhood friends, who greet him upon returning, are eager to bring his heart back home.
Agatha is a very sensitive woman whose aim is to become a nurse. Despite getting every single attempt to make Sam open up to her, shut down, she keeps going. A very giving person who borders on naivety. Always looks at the bright side of life.
Sam’s best (and perhaps only real) friend. He grew up with Sam’s father, whom he absolutely adored. Physically gifted, he always protected Sam from trouble, trouble that frankly, was caused in part by Sam’s social incompetency. Or perhaps, (and as a counterweight to his fascination with objects) by his absolute indifference to people. John is very competitive and has an unwavering spirit. He secretly admires Sam for his intelligence, despite all his grandiose declarations that physical strength is all that matters.
Athena is a bit of a tomboy with a strong sense of adventure, and buttloads of energy. Sometimes “sense of adventure” becomes “total recklessness” and she ends up in trouble. John rescuing her all the time (yes, there’s a trend here with John) eventually got to her and she fell for him. She is the only person who can calm him down after a bad day.
The four childhood friends will eventually meet again. And it’s up to Sam to decide whether fun and work can coexist and whether those four will get to relive their childhood bliss during an adventure that will hopefully make up for the three years Sam had been away (and for Sam’s obsession with studying that led to the total neglect of his personal life).
Questions and Miscellanous Information:
GAMEPLAY LENGTH: 6-8 hours
Q: Is this game for me?
A: If you like story-driven games with a bit of challenge here and there, then yes. NOTE: This game doesn’t follow the usual PS design formula. The experience is much more conventional. As a result, this game can be fully enjoyed by a much larger audience. If you like it, consider playing its sequel, which is currently on episode 3. But be warned that PSFE follows drastically different design philosophies, some bordering on the insane, some on the excruciating, some on the quirky. Please bear in mind that the game is meant for the audience that grew up with the original games.
Q: Generation specifics?
A: Evolution: Level-up only, Gen6 mechanics, No Double Battles, evolutions of Kanto mons, eg. Scizor included (pre-Evos are not). Psychic and Fighting types, as well as several Kanto-specific mons, do not exist yet. Farfetched is OP.
Q: Is this game complete?
A: Yes it is. Feedback on the writing and other areas is greatly appreciated!
Feel free to use this version of Kanto in your game as long as you credit JohtoBlaziken and La Pampa (and their associated credit list), goes without saying.
Evo Lvls and Info
VILEPLUME HappinessNight, BELLOSSOM HappinessDay
POLIWRATH HappinessDay,POLITOED HappinessNight
SLOWBRO HappinessDay, SLOWKING HappinessNight
Don’t reset for your starter and certain event mons, they have set stats.
This game is RPGXP Game. It’s Completed in English!
Download PS: The First Journey v2.4 (Completed – Official Link)
— Back-up link below —